The BioProcessing / Industry 4.0 Strategic Lead in Research and Preclinical Development IT will work with Research Scientists in Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development, and act as a liaison between the scientists and technical teams to define and deliver data management solutions leveraging the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and BioProcessing/Lab/Industry 4.0. The role interfaces between Scientists, Research Systems Analysts, Programmers, Data Architects, Data Scientists, and IT Project Managers to facilitate and enable the digital transformation of Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development labs to position Regeneron’s scientific data for advanced analysis; driving the transformation of data to information, knowledge, and insights. This position requires a passion for science and drug discovery, functional knowledge of the BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing process, business process analysis, and a strong knowledge of Industry 4.0/BioProcessing 4.0/Lab 4.0.
A typical day may include:
- Provide domain expertise to project teams on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Industry 4.0/BioProcess 4.0/Lab 4.0 concepts and strategy, and the digitalization of discovery and biopharmaceutical process development.
- Lead scientific-related business needs assessment, as well as facilitate the design, build and implementation of IT systems.
- Work with scientists and laboratory personnel to understand their business processes and suggest improvement opportunities to enhance end-user experience.
- Work closely with end-users and technical team members to translate high-level business and user requirements into functional and design specifications using structured business and technical analysis and data modeling techniques (e.g. activity diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, etc.).
- Act as an expert technical and scientific resource to software development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process · Participate in user research, usability and acceptance testing.
- Proactively identify new and potentially beneficial external informatics solutions for unmet needs in Research and partner with the appropriate scientists to evaluate the utility of these solutions and their compatibility with the overall research strategy.
- Partner with research scientists and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements.
- Understand system interdependencies and collaborate with project teams accordingly · Assist in evaluating cost-benefit and ROI analyses.
- Train, develop and manage junior scientific business analysts · Identifies strategic opportunities and synergies among Research and preclinical Development-IT initiatives that can yield greater impact beyond a project or program scope.
- Contributes to the definition, implementation and governance of the BA practices and processes for PMPD IT.
- May lead or supervise a small team (e.g., 1 - 3 people), assigning day-to-day work.
- Complete source to target, business rules, reporting, use process mapping and design.
- Provide support to IT leaders in developing business benefits analysis and estimates for area of responsibility (business requirements, functional design, business processes, UAT).
- Translate requirements and processes into functional and technical data designs.
This job might be for you if:
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
- You are able to handle a variety of tasks, effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and be able to shift priorities as needed.
- You have a collaborative, agile mindset to drive speedy, creative and efficient use of technology and data to drive business value across IT.
To be considered for the Scientific Business Analyst role, you must have a Bachelor's degree as well as At least 5 years of relevant scientific Research experience including at least 1-2 years of Industry 4.0/BioProcess 4.0/Lab4.0 experience. Experience leading small –midsize projects.
Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, or Spotfire.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.