This position is the Associate Director of Architecture for Global Development (GD). The primary objective of the role is ensure technology architecture capabilities, solutions and processes enable the GD business strategy and align to the corporate Enterprise IT strategy. This role works in sync with the Solution Architecture Team, Data Architecture, Enterprise IT & GDS. This role will also work with many stakeholders “GDS, Business and Enterprise IT” to develop a wholistic view of implemented and required business capabilities across GD. This role will contribute to the review business plans, assessment of the company’s current use of IT systems, and help design new procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Review and contribute to business capability and project roadmaps, advising on enabling technologies and solution best practices.
- Work with Business Solution Partners & GD Architecture team to ensures domain roadmaps are linked to create a consolidated GD view.
- Collaborate with Enterprise IT as the GDS point of contact to understand current and emerging cross-Regeneron architectural standards, tools, and processes.
- Evangelize technical capabilities that will directly impact our ability to improve solution velocity.
- Work with Solutions Architects and Solutions development leads to ensure that solution architectures meet enterprise standards and are aligned to the overall strategy.
- Document & socialize Enterprise Architecture using standard architecture models.
- Disseminates and creates awareness of cross-Regeneron architectural standards, tools and processes within GDS.
- Key contributor to the development and ongoing maintenance of GDS organization level system architecture artifacts, architectural processes, templates and standards
- Participates to disseminates and creates awareness of GDS organization level system architecture artifacts, architectural processes, templates and standards
- Plays a key role with the Architecture team in understanding the system architecture needs for delivering solutions, managing priorities and challenges.
- Demonstrate deep experience across a wide range of data and software engineering activities, including data warehousing, data integration, data streaming, digital devices, data visualization and analysis, mobile apps, and application development
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Assist the Architecure team to provide guidance and assistance to global development teams regarding technologies, application architecture, and integration patterns
- Ensure compliance with applicable Regeneron software development lifecycle policies and procedures
- Enables GDS leaders to engage with executive level leaders across Digital/Data Technology and Innovation as well as the Business to advise on solutions to business problems and opportunities using modern architecture practices.
- Influence data architecture roadmaps by collaborating with the Data Architect, reference and target architecture, architectural and design principles, best practices, patters, and standards, ensure alignment to defined data architecture principles and standards
- Collaborates with Solution Architecture Lead to help define architecture framework and actual architecture for GD solutions, well-integrated, across technologies, maintain/document, and review architecture constantly
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Business Architecture to align strategic objectives with operational components, facilitating a structured approach to achieving business goals.
- Experience developing architectural process, templates and standards for implementations
- Experience as an Enterprise Architect in the pharmaceutical industry in drug development is required.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data and Integration technologies and patterns.
- Big Picture thinking- the ability to see how parts interact with the whole.
- Ability to identify the cross-functional system architecture requirements for all stakeholders in solution delivery
- System experience managing architecture of complex cross-functional systems
- Strong knowledge of SDLC methodologies and CFR Part 11 compliance
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all stakeholders
- Good problem solving & technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Familiarity with Architecture Frameworks/Processes (e.g. TOGAF)
Minimal educational requirements:
If years of experience in lieu of a college degree is also acceptable, please list number of years required
Equivalent experience (include # of years) in lieu of degree
High School Diploma
Bachelors Degree (X)
Board Certified MD
Required Licenses & Certificates:
Minimum Years of Experience: BS/BA Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience. MS/MA/MBA degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)