We are seeking an Associate Director, Program Finance. The role will harmonize the scientific prowess and efficiency of Regeneron’s R&D engine with the need to balance and allocate finite resources of an expanding development portfolio.
We need someone who will bring proven industry experience and leadership, leading a team of financial professionals to achieve accurate financial results across a portfolio of programs in various stages of clinical development. This team leader works closely with members of the Global Clinical Development organization, and is expected to lead financial portfolio reviews, provide data driven advice on cost containment opportunities, and make recommendations to leadership based on thorough financial analyses.
The Associate Director of Program Finance implements best practices and standardization to drive efficient management across their therapeutic areas and throughout the Program Finance team. The position will have multiple direct reports and is responsible for workload allocation/delegation and people development of their team.
A typical day might include:
- Take ownership of several high-profile programs and be held accountable to financial results for the programs under their management.
- Implement financial controls, analysis and decision support for all programs within assigned therapeutic areas.
- Work closely with counterparts in the Commercial organization to enhance the process of assessing the financial viability of clinical candidates.
- Present, partner and interact with Senior Management and external collaborators.
- Review the Financial Reporting and Analysis for assigned therapeutic areas including monthly actuals reporting, quarterly forecast analysis.
- Ensure all collaborator exchanges are submitted on time and in correct format, coordinate and field questions from collaborators, liaise with the Accounting department on data exchanges and approve invoices to be sent to collaborators.
- Provide insightful analysis of business results to senior management and perform ad-hoc analyses that lead to problem solving and sound business recommendations.
- Mentor and develop direct reports and ensure appropriate workload allocation across the team
This role might be for you if you have:
- Proven experience in managing and developing teams
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Proven track record of success in prior roles
- Experience with an expanding organization is a plus
- Organized and able to independently prioritize tasks and carry through on performing those tasks
- Strong communication and presentation skills
To be qualified for this role you must have 8 – 10 + years’ experience with forecasting, budgeting and/or business partnering ideally in a science or research driven environment. We prefer a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or quantitative field combined with top tier MBA. The ideal candidate should be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, Pivot Tables, Charts, Functions & Formulas, Macro's are a plus. Prior Experience with a planning tool such as Hyperion Planning is an advantage.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)