The Staff IT Architect works as part of the IOPS IT Architecture and Integration team. They will provide the necessary leadership, analysis, and design expertise for Architectural tasks to support the development of technology solutions, processes and/or integrations to ensure that IT Systems meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards. This role may work across different aspects of Architecture including Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Information Architecture, and Integration Architecture.
As a Staff IT Architect, a typical day might include the following:
- Understand business needs and suggest solutions to problems and translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all architecture design and analysis work.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in application infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Provides deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to help management assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment on the business and IT.
- Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms, and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Leads evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of solutions and/or integration architecture across business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Creates architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution and/or integration development across including applications, technologies, processes and information.
- Creates reference architectures focused on detailed design principles, decision points, detailed APIs, major systems and dependencies between business and IT; documents As-Is and Target Architectures
- Analyzes the business-IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy, and technical risks, and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Participates in the governance activities associated with ensuring architecture assurance and compliance; participates in definition of the principles, guidelines, and standards to ensure solution and/or integration decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Supports system managers in end-of-life system decisions to maintain, refresh or retire systems or technologies. Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state.
- Works closely with the PMO to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product lifecycle and with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects and products to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Partner by working collaboratively throughout the EA team to develop, document and maintain current and strategic cross-capability roadmaps, principles, standards models, patterns, and reference architectures.
- Add / manage technology stack and recommend system upgrades.
- Contribute to EA standards, data architecture standards, EA governance frameworks, and system integration standards.
- Develop and maintain the technology stack to include commercial integration platforms (could be expanded to manage the Technology stack).
- Provide expert advice to project teams on use of integration technology, data architecture and modeling, system architecture including integration best practices.
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code.
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the Enterprise Architecture.
- Partner with leaders of other disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business, and security architectures.
This role may be for you if you:
- Demonstrable experience with on-premises, cloud and mobile application architecture
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Possesses broad based and in-depth knowledge of complex technologies, tools, and methodologies in industry.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and document an extensive variety of business and technical processes
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle
- A demonstrated ability in creation of requirements, design documents and test scripts
- Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must show strong judgment and time management skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Knowledge of GMP, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11
- Knowledge to define, manage IT Apps/Infrastructure in CMDB & CMDB Governance
- Knowledge of ServiceNow APM and LeanIX EAM tools, that can be leveraged for leadership presentation.
- Knowledge of any Data Modeling (Example: IDA, Erwin, ER/Studio), Application Integration Design (Example: RSA, Boomi, Apigee, APIC, Tale ) concepts and tools
In order to be considered for this position, you must hold a BS/BA in Information Technology or related field and
- Staff IT Architect: 10 years experience in a relevant/regulated industry
- Senior Staff IT Architect: 10 years experience in a relevant/regulated industry
- At least 8 years of experience in IT Enterprise Architecture or a related role managing EA solutions to business initiatives or IT projects.
- At least 8 years hands-on experience with one or more technology solutions
- At least 5 years as an Enterprise Architect role or equivalent
- Master's degree a plus
- May consider experience in lieu of education; level decided upon completion of an interview process
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)