Seeking experienced, rigorous, and innovative leader to direct Regeneron’s Neuroscience research team, consisting of approximately 50 dynamic researchers currently focusing on chronic pain, neuropsychiatric disorders, and neurodegenerative disease. Successful candidate would direct and inspire Neuroscience’s preclinical team by using their deep and broad expertise to set strategic vision, suggest novel technological approaches, and critically evaluate data and projects. Candidate would be expected to participate in translational activities, progressing drug targets along the pipeline from early research through clinical development. Candidate would also participate in Regeneron’s broader scientific community, participating actively in cross-functional meetings and representing Regeneron’s Neuroscience vision to Senior Leadership and external collaborators.
As a Vice President of Neuroscience Research a typical day might look like:
- Directly supervise Regeneron’s senior Neuroscience leadership team and manage the broader group, providing vision, inspiration, and both short-term and long-term goals. Communicate priorities, policies, and goals of Regeneron Senior Leadership to the broader Neuroscience group.
- Identify new strategies or technologies, including genetic medicines, for pursuing novel targets and approaches.
- Set priorities and ensure progression of, or go/no-go decisions for, targets and projects. Be familiar with processes and procedures for moving targets from preclinical research through the development pipeline.
- Actively participate in departmental, cross-functional, senior leadership, and external meetings to contribute neuroscience expertise and to represent the goals and vision of the Neuroscience group.
- Interact broadly and collaboratively with other therapeutic focus areas and technology groups within the company, forging relationships and active collaborations, as well as leveraging technologies to advance neuroscience research as a systems-level endeavor.
- Identify and mentor the Neuroscience group, providing opportunities, visibility, and challenge in order to develop all group members to their maximum scientific and professional potential.
- Conduct or oversee review of neuroscience-related documents, including regulatory submissions, manuscripts, contracts, etc.
This role might be for you if:
- Both deep and broad expertise in the field of Neuroscience essential.
- Familiarity with cutting edge technology, including genetics medicines, and proven experience applying technology to neuroscience-related questions essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate both science and vision essential.
- Strong leadership skills with managerial and mentorship experience and excellence essential.
- Experience with administratively directing a group (managing budget and organization, etc.) essential.
- Exposure to drug development or similar regulated activities highly desirable.
- Broad network of colleagues and collaborators, strong publication record, and national/international reputation desirable.
- At least 10 years experience after PhD; 20+ years desirable; a minimum of 5 years in an industry or translational setting.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)