Job Title: Patient Engagement Sr Mgr Global Trial Optimization
Department: 1467-Global Clinical Trial Services
The Senior Manager, Global Trial Optimization (GTO), Patient Engagement will lead program or study level Patient Recruitment and Retention Strategy development to inform the clinical strategy, study protocols and operational plans that will enable predictable delivery of clinical programs and studies.
This role will conduct analysis of multiple data sources including patient and site insights to develop suitable, innovative solutions to optimize patient and site clinical trial experience.
They will partner with a broad team of cross functional stakeholders to produce a robust patient recruitment and retention strategy that will enable successful implementation by Clinical Trial Management.
This role will continue to collaborate with study teams during study execution to provide a revised patient recruitment and retention strategy as required or input and expertise on patient engagement challenges.
A key part of this role will be to develop and leverage relationships with external experts including our CRO partners and vendors as part of project leadership to ensure successful delivery of patient insights or patient engagement strategy. As a highly innovative space, this role will connect their knowledge of the external landscape to continuous improvement activities within Global Trial Optimization.
- As a subject matter expert in patient recruitment strategy and tactics, lead development of program and study level recruitment strategy to identify the specific, appropriate, cost-effective approaches to mitigate risks to trial recruitment and enable recruitment of representative patient populations
- Lead definition of the participant profile and patient clinical trial journey for clinical programs through evaluation of clinical protocols, participant insights, internal cross-functional knowledge, and data sources
- Develop patient recruitment and retention vendor strategy in partnership with Sourcing and study teams, including timing and performance metrics to support the patient engagement strategy
- Ensure successful implementation of patient recruitment and retention strategy though partnership with study teams and CROs with continued high-level oversight at pre-defined engagement points, study amendments and ad-hoc support as needed
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an awareness of external vendor capability environment to inform study recruitment process; identify/create new, innovative solutions by partnering with procurement and vendor management to add new functionality to match the needs of the portfolio
- Oversee functional level patient recruitment and retention vendor performance as key point of contact- troubleshooting issues, reviewing key performance indicators, expanding partnership opportunities
- Identify and implement new opportunities to improve patient experience, inclusivity and awareness of Regeneron clinical trials including decentralization, patient educational content, travel, reimbursements, patient concierge, community outreach.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing new opportunities to improve site level patient identification & enrolment support in clinical trials working closely with clinical trial management, CROs and global monitoring.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Global Trial Optimization function through process initiatives and change management activities.
- Oversees collection metrics, patient and site feedback on recruitment and retention strategies and tactics to inform continuous improvement.
- BS required
- 7+ years
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.