The Senior Medical Director of Medical Affairs provides strategic leadership with high visibility in the organization, reporting into the Executive Director of Medical Affairs. They orchestrate the development of medical strategy for Cardiovascular and Metabolic assets, planning and execution of medical affairs activities at Regeneron with the benefit of the patient at the forefront. They provide leadership by thoroughly understanding relevant disease areas and serve as a scientific and medical resource.
The Senior Medical Director leads a multifunctional Medical Impact Team (MIT) within a matrix organization, consisting of colleagues within the medical affairs group. They ensure alignment working closely with research & development, commercial, access & reimbursement, and patient advocacy colleagues and represent Regeneron towards collaborators such as health care practitioners, research groups, payers and alliance partners.
A typical day might include the following:
- Develops and supervises implementation of focused medical strategy and tactics for multiple assets, including scientific communications and publications, annual medical planning, and collaborations with specialists.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support pipeline development
- Applies disease area expertise and business understanding to address needs in clinical practice with medically appropriate use of medicines.
- Lead all aspects of and provides hands on support in management, generation and dissemination of clinical and non-clinical data that results in high quality publications.
- Leads a cross-functional team and continuously strives for alignment across the organization (and the alliance if applicable).
- Provides scientific/medical perspectives to the global and US strategic and medical organizations.
- Co-leads the formation and execution of a robust Phase IIIb/IV plan
- Supports the design, conduct, oversight, analysis and reporting of clinical trials. Ensures timely submission and delivery of high-quality clinical trial documentation, implementation and execution.
- Continues to develop and nurture long-term strategic partnerships with clinical specialists, societies, collaborative groups, advocacy groups, and other external partners representing Regeneron.
This role might be for you if:
- You have an M.D. or equivalent with strong preference for clinical training or expertise in Cardiovascular/Metabolics.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of related industry experience
#MDJOBS, #MDJOBSMA, #GDMAJobs
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)