We are currently seeking an established leader for the Regeneron Genetic Medicines (RGM) research chemistry group. In this position, they will play a key role in building out RGM’s chemistry group, to combine the company’s existing expertise in biologics with novel genetic medicines modalities, including, but not limited to oligonucleotides and lipid nanoparticles (LNPs). Their team will be primarily composed of synthetic and conjugation chemists and work in a highly collaborative environment with other technology and biology groups. Successful candidates may have a synthetic/conjugation chemistry and/or genetic medicines targeting background. We expect they will act as an inspiring leader to apply solutions and develop novel technologies to address challenges related to genetic medicines delivery, and oligonucleotide/lipid nanoparticle synthesis and conjugation.
A day in the life of a Director - RGM Chemistry may look like:
- Directly supervise and manage RGM’s chemistry group, providing vision, inspiration, and both short-term and long-term goals. Communicate priorities, policies, and goals of Regeneron Leadership to the group.
- Identify new strategies or technologies, for pursuing novel targeting, synthesis and/or conjugation of genetic medicines modalities, including oligonucleotides and LNPs
- Set priorities and ensure progression for the group’s technology and pipeline projects.
- Actively participate in departmental, cross-functional, senior leadership, and external meetings to contribute expertise and to represent the goals and vision of the RGM chemistry group.
- Interact broadly and collaboratively with other Regeneron groups, forging relationships and active collaborations.
- Identify and mentor the RGM chemistry group, providing opportunities, visibility, and challenge to develop all group members.
This might be the right role for you if:
- You are passionate about the promise of genetic medicines and appreciate the challenges with delivery and targeting.
- You enjoy applying and combining traditional methods and novel technologies to develop solutions for synthesis, conjugation and targeting of genetic medicines.
- You are comfortable working in a cross-functional role and excel as part of a diverse team.
- You want to provide meaningful contributions to the development of an organizational culture that supports growth and development of its people and capabilities to drive forward the RGM pipeline.
- You prefer to work in an organization that is modality agnostic, letting the data determine the best course forward.
In order to be considered qualified for the role, you must:
Have a Ph.D. in synthetic organic or conjugation chemistry, and/or extensive experience in targeting of genetic medicines modalities and a minimum of 10 years of industry experience. 5 years of relevant experience should include a deep understanding of modern methods in synthetic and conjugation chemistry. A track record of success in the field of oligonucleotide and LNP chemistry and/or delivery, with experience in building and leading a team is needed. Working in collaboration with various internal and external organizations (CROs, collaborators) is essential.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)