The Medical Director, Clinical Sciences should be a qualified physician with pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in Ophthalmology Therapeutics Development. The Director will serve as Medical Lead for clinical trials in the CDP and is responsible for the design of clinical study concepts leading to clinical trial protocols. This role requires a high-performing and highly passionate physician scientist who serves as a clinical role model for the team and demonstrates outstanding clinical scientific knowledge applicable to clinical research.
A typical day in the life of a Medical Director may include the following responsibilities:
- Acts as medical expert and leader in interactions with external stakeholders
- Defines clinical trial-related Clinical Development Program (CDP) goals and objectives
- Works closely with discovery teams to provide input on the next generation of targets in the field
- Responsible for the relevance and accuracy of medical science underpinning of clinical study concepts (CSC) based on thorough scientific review and consultation with internal and external experts
- Reviews and finalizes clinical study concepts for presentation to Therapeutic Head, Strategic Program Teams, and internal governance meetings
- Leads the Global Clinical Study Team to produce high quality program deliverables on schedule
- Responsible for the medical content of clinical study reports, the analysis of clinical data, including safety monitoring, and all activities and procedures that ensure patient safety
This job may be for you if you have the following:
- An M.D. or equivalent with board eligibility or board certification in Ophthalmology
- At least 2 years pharmaceutical industry experience (equivalent research in academia will be considered)
- Experience in Ophthalmic drug development strongly preferred
- Previous interactions with regulatory agencies or common technical document (CTD or “dossier”) submission in an ICH region is an advantage
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)