Regeneron’s Late-Stage Purification Development team within PMPD (Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development), is seeking a Process Development Engineer I. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and transfer of the harvest, affinity chromatography, and viral inactivation unit operations for recombinant proteins using Quality by Design principles for around 1 – 2 programs per year.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
- Designs and performs experiments at both bench and pilot-scale
- Analyzes data, draws conclusions from results, and proposes next steps
- Documents results in laboratory notebook and reports
- Communicates findings to functional area and department leadership
- Acts as purification development authority during manufacturing process transfer to ensure successful completion of initial GMP batches
- Works multi-functional with development team to ensure responsible unit operations enable a robust, cohesive manufacturing process
- Supports technology development and improvement activities potentially including but not limited to: improving harvest bench-scale models, data science driven analysis of historical data, investigation of new raw materials, equipment, and/or techniques to advance the harvest, affinity chromatography, and viral inactivation unit operations
- Trains peers and directly or indirectly leads, guides, and assists Co-op students and interns in conducting research and development, analyzing results and documenting findings.
- Contributes to lab equipment maintenance and general lab safety to help create a safe, effective, and efficient working environment
This Role Might Be For You If You:
- Have a solid understanding and practical experience in purifying monoclonal antibodies or other biopharmaceuticals
- Enjoy spending ~50-70% of time performing lab work at both bench and pilot-scale
- Thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Are well organized and able to efficiently manage numerous projects
- Are an effective communicator within all levels of an organization
- Are scientifically curious and have a problem solver mentality
This role requires a BS/MS in a Science/Engineering or related field with 3-5/0-2 years of purification experience including some but not limited to depth filtration, disc stack centrifugation, column chromatography, virus retentive filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, buffer preparation.
Intro To PMPD Video:
Intro To PMPD Purification Video:
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)