We are looking for a Senior Associate Scientist to join the Molecular Profiling Laboratory - a part of Molecular Profiling and Data Science. The person will perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) services in support of Regeneron’s genetic medicine efforts. In this role, you will be part of high throughput team constructing and sequencing NGS libraries from nucleic acids submitted by researchers across many functional groups.
A day in the life of a Sr Associate Scientist may look like:
- Constructing NGS Libraries using a variety of platforms with and without the use of automated liquid handling systems.
- Assessing RNA, DNA, and NGS Library quality
- Sequencing NGS Libraries using Illumina platforms, including MiSeq, NextSeq, and NovaSeq.
- Maintaining documentation in an electronic laboratory notebook and LIMS platform
- Observing any problems in the execution of these processes or anomalous results and recommending solutions
- Assisting in developing new NGS techniques to address the needs of our collaborators or making improvements to our existing workflows for maximum efficiency.
This may be the role for you if you:
- Enjoy empowering the work of other scientists
- Want exposure to research projects across the company
- Time management and thinking on the fly are your strong suit
In order to be considered qualified for this role you must:
Have a bachelor's degree in biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry and at least 3 years of proven experience in molecular biology including reverse transcription and PCR-based techniques. Strong preference will be given to those with NGS experience. Experience working in a core-type sequencing facility is preferred. Experience with automated liquid handlers is helpful, but can also be trained.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)