As an EHS Specialist you will be responsible for supporting the Environmental, Health and Safety for the Limerick IOPS location.
This role will require the individual to work onsite Thursday-Monday (days) inclusive.
As an EHS Specialist a typical day might include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Develop, implement and monitor environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values
- Drive effective writing/revising/rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and EHS related procedures
- Participate in process and system walk-downs and the completion of safety reviews with active follow up of action closure
- Identify and address site EHS issues and employee concerns
- Perform EHS risk assessments such as: chemical; biological; machinery; area; task specific; and make recommendations to control hazards
- Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment
- Support EHS training and inductions for new hires, ongoing refresher training for existing staff and deliver EHS related training programs to all levels within the organization
- Support the EHS incident management process on sit; Manage EHS incidents to closure, including root cause analysis and CAPA management
- Identify, implement and track corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Coordinate internal EHS auditing and inspection and actively follow up on necessary corrective actions to ensure audit readiness
- Identify and maintain EHS metrics, trending and reporting of same including dashboards
- Work closely with EHS Managers and Sr EHS Specialists in selecting, adopting, implementing and overseeing appropriate programs which will enable the EHS strategy and installing them at Regeneron
- Build relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs
To be considered for this opportunity you should have a BS/BA in Health and Safety, related field or equivalent experience and 3-5+ years of experience working in an EHS role preferably within the pharmaceutical industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry. A thorough knowledge of EHS legislation for a facility operating within Ireland/Europe is required. Experience in Operational Safety Experience: Safe Systems of Work.
#JOBSIEST #IREADV #LI-Onsite
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.