The Director, Business Analytics will support the Oncology Business Unit through the application of end to end analyses and insights, and the application of analytical expertise to drive strategic choices, tactical execution and commercial excellence. This is a hands-on analytical role that is proactive, collaborates across functions, and enables data-driven decisions that are based on rigorous analyses, best available information and business knowledge. The Director, Business Analytics will collaborate on the oncology data strategy, the procurement of various datasets, building and implementing the analytics plan, informing business decisions, and designing and implementing analytical solutions to support business opportunities. This will include capabilities such as segmentation, targeting, HCP and patient analytics using descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics.
In addition to strong analytics skills, the Director, Business Analytics should have excellent communication skills, a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership, business impact and influence. Experience in skin malignancies (e.g., CSCC, BCC) preferred. This role does not have any direct reports, but will manage contractors, consultants and vendors to complete projects.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Analytics plan development and implementation
• Budget management
• Performance reporting and understanding based on key strategic imperatives, business questions and definition of success
• Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches for solutions
• Conducting subnational analyses, and championing the use of local customer insights
• Performance reporting and understanding based on key strategic imperatives and business questions
• Opportunity identification and assessment, leveraging descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics (e.g., patient finder, next best HCP, etc.)
• Segmentation and targeting
• Delivering the analytics necessary for Integrated business reviews, Quarterly business reviews support, strategic planning, etc.
This role may be for you if you have:
• Experience working with prescription, sales data and claims/patient level data sets inclusive of pharma data sources such asIQVIA, Symphony, etc.
• Experience coding in SQL, Python/PySpark, R and/or SAS (BASE, STAT, SQL, Macros).
• Experience in data visualization and reporting working with commercial business intelligence tools required (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Oracle BI, Microstrategy, Cognos, Spotfire or similar tools).
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as claims and other patient level datasets.
• Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases.
• Experience in data mining, descriptive analytics, application of statistical methods, analyses and modeling, predictive modeling, opportunity assessment and quantification, and simulation.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have a Master's degree completed by start date and 7+ years of business analytics, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science or related field experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of business analytics, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science or related field experience. BS/BA in STEM related field, e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Marketing Research. 10+ years' progressive, related industry experience with a minimum 7 years analytical experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries. Advanced proficiency in Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)