The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and coordination to the Executive Vice President of Regulatory Affairs & Global Patient Safety. Responsible for helping prioritize and manage the calendar and time commitments for the EVP, and helps drive clear, concise communication between the EVP, his leadership team, and broader organization. This position will also serve as the contact point for the EVP which includes troubleshooting and managing inquiries from stakeholders including Senior Management, employees and external affiliates and stakeholders such as Health Authorities. Other general responsibilities may include managing meeting invites and logistics, coordinating travel, processing expenses, and technical support. This role requires a greater understanding of the business and key relationships, as well as a focus on continuous improvement for processes and guidance.
In this role a typical day might include:
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service and interacts expertly and patiently with senior leadership, staff, and the broader organization.
- Assists in coordination of special events, special projects, fact checking data, and responds to a variety of inquiries from all levels of the organization and external collaborators.
- Handles all incoming calls, schedules appointments, coordinates staff meetings, travel itineraries, maintains office supplies, expenses, and coordinates pick-ups and deliveries.
- Handles communication for Regulatory Affairs & Global Patient Safety team as needed including organizational announcements, department correspondence and information pertaining to health authority meetings etc. as needed.
- Takes personal initiative to prepare drafts of correspondence and other documents required on a timely basis. Composes letters and memoranda in response to inquiries as directed.
- Coordinates with department administrative assistants on areas of common interest and involvement, including vacation coverage and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Maintains relationships with departments such as human resources, facilities, communications, IT and legal departments. Represent the department as a liaison/point person with various functions in the company
- Act as team lead for the department assistants, which includes special projects, department events, etc.
This role might be for you if:
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, Concur and Skype teleconference systems with the ability to assist with more sophisticated troubleshooting.
- Works comfortably with all levels in the organization including senior managers. Understands how senior leaders think and what they expect. Anticipates their needs.
- Outstanding attention to detail required, along with a strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with varied levels of internal and external stakeholders and a focused ability to multi-manage in deadline-driven settings. Outstanding prioritization, optimization, communication and organizational skills are vital.
- Is a quick learner, can cope and make good decisions despite change and ambiguity; skillfully handles risk and uncertainty with composure and shifts gears with ease.
- Highly independent and shows sophisticated judgment and problem-solving skills. Comfortable leading projects. Ability to coordinate team members cross-functionally.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following:
- Associates or BA preferred; 10+ years working as an Executive Assistant to VP+ level. At least 2 years’ of proven experience preferable.
- Proficient in MS Office, SharePoint, Concur and teleconference systems with the ability to assist with basic troubleshooting.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (hourly)