We are looking for an Associate Director, Critical Utilities to be responsible for maintaining the daily operation and material condition of infrastructure used to deliver power, chilled water, and natural gas to each campus or building in Regeneron’s North America portfolio. The position requires the ability and working knowledge to articulate design of utility systems and operation of critical systems. This role will collaborate with Engineering, Design & Construction as an advocate of designing for reliability, maintainability and operability. Additionally, this role will coordinate with third party operators to ensure efficient, sustainable, resilient plant practices. Direct reporting structure is a complex structure. (i.e. Direct reports may manage personnel and/or contract employees.)
A typical day might include:
- Provides engineering support required for specific assigned utility infrastructure(s), systems and equipment
- Develop user requirements for new & existing equipment and/or in response to planned modifications to systems from concept installation
- Troubleshoot campus electrical and chilled water infrastructure issues
- Provides technical support for equipment ensuring continued compliance to regulatory, company and site policy/procedure.
- Develop strategies to reduce equipment downtime and increase plant efficiency
- Identify and implement new capital projects and performs project management for non-capital modification projects
- Responsible for communication and relationships with local utilities and third-party contractors
- Validates existing plant operating practices and creates labor contingency plans to ensure uninterrupted plant operation
- Determines preventative and corrective maintenance requirements of plant and emergency generation equipment
- Audits and optimizes campus hydronic balancing annually
- Supports project engineers with developing scope and justification
- Provides design consultation
- Assists in the preparation of equipment and load specifications to meet site requirements
- Participates in factory acceptance tests for utility equipment
- Establishes spare part requirements
- Assists in the generation of PM activities and schedules
- Reviews as-built drawings
- Supports commissioning and validation activities for specified equipment
- Performs project acceptance reviews prior to turnover and onboard projects upon satisfactory completion of project acceptance process
- Coordinates warranty issues with appropriate partners
- Uphold department customer service standards
This role might be for you if you have:
- A minimum of a bachelors' degree, preferably in an engineering/technical subject area
- 10+ years of relevant experience managing critical utilities for a large campus
- Availability 24/7 for assistance and emergency response
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)