We are seeking an outstanding Senior Scientist to join the New Target Investigation group. This department focuses on the discovery of novel biology based targets and innovative therapeutics based on human genetic findings from the Regeneron Genetics Center. We are looking for a candidate to design and carry out experiments aimed at functionally validating these targets and exploring their mechanism of action in vitro and in vivo. The person in this role will design, complete, and analyze in vitro and in vivo experiments using a variety of experimental techniques. We hope you are excited by the opportunity to contribute to the development of industry-leading technologies and medicines. Disease areas of interests include (but are not limited to) Metabolism, Inflammation, Cardiovascular, and Reproductive Diseases.
As a Scientist, a typical day might include:
- Designing, planning, and independently performing in-vivo experiments using mouse models to dissect complex molecular phenotypes associated with human genetic findings.
- Designing and testing the biology of novel genes/proteins in human cell-based systems
- Independently designing and performing in-vitro and ex-vivo cell-based assays and organoid/3D model systems
- Molecular and functional characterization of genetic variants associated with disease phenotypes
- Preparing and presenting data
- Collaborating with cross functional teams across the company that support the drug development pipeline.
This role might be for you if:
- You are passionate about bench science for drug discovery.
- You possess excellent problem-solving abilities and are results driven.
- You can excel in a fast-track environment while in charge of multiple projects.
- You are creative and can apply novel strategies to address complex questions
In Order to be considered qualified for this role, you must:
Have at least an MS with at least 8 years of lab or industry experience post-degree or a PhD and 0-2 years experience post-degree. We seek a candidate with established in vivo experience (required), proficient with molecular and cellular biology techniques (including cloning, western blot, cell culture, organoid and ELISA), experienced using microscopy and cell sorting technologies, and demonstrated ability to work in team. A detailed scientific record, excellent communication, and presentation skills are a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)