An opportunity has arisen for an experienced EHS Professional to join the existing Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) team and play a crucial part in developing, maintaining and continually improving the EHS programme at our expanding manufacturing site.
As a Sr EHS Specialist, a typical day might include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Develops, implements and monitors environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
- Strong knowledge and experience of process safety an advantage – CE marking / ATEX / Pressure Equipment.
- Site program owner for several of the Health & Safety program elements.
- Works closely with relevant departments as nominated business partner and the EHS Team to promote safe practices, procedures, and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Serves as EHS Facilitator.
- Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
- Performs incident management activities including injury management investigations and associated recordkeeping.
- Identifies, implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Develops, implements and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
- Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
- Works with IOPS EHS in US to share and implement EHS best practices.
- Develops and maintains the Environmental and Health & Safety Management System.
- Administers databases for training compliance, instrumentation maintenance and other safety related data.
- Participates in and promotes staff professional development training and activities.
- Supports internal audits, management reviews and external regulatory audits.
- Works with the manufacturing department to manage EHS impacts from changes to existing or new product introductions.
To be considered for this opportunity you should have a BSc in Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related subject. Minimum of 8 + years relevant professional experience in a manufacturing facility (preferably Bio-Pharmaceutical or other highly regulated Industry).
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.