The Principal Statistician will provide statistical support and promote the use of statistical thinking across the site departments to support validation, trending, and advancement of manufacturing and testing processes. To establish, organise and maintain effective statistics and data evaluation services pertaining to process monitoring and modelling of biological drugs. To train relevant employees how to effectively employ statistics within their job functions. Drives cross-functional process improvements through data driven root cause problem solving.
As a Principal Statistician a typical day might include, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Employ breakthrough statistical and company knowledge for ad-hoc statistical analysis requests with a focus on results and sustainability, generating advanced technical reports and memos, and engaging directly with regulatory agencies.
- Capable of operating with a high degree of autonomy within a team atmosphere to identify, lead, and drive implementation of strategic deployment items.
- Support and facilitate activities associated with the Statistics Training Series, including coaching employees enrolled in the final project.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring others within and outside the department on leading-edge statistical methodologies to deliver impactful results. May have direct reports at this level.
- Effectively drive to root cause, identify and implement strategies for process improvements, and develops appropriate proactive metrics.
- Apply risk management expertise to technical challenges.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High-level knowledge of statistical software packages (JMP, Minitab, R or SAS)
- High level of expertise in diverse statistical methods including multivariate regression, difference and equivalency testing, design of experiments, control charts
- Designing and implementing SPC and DOE programs.
- Open and receptive to change while looking for opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Able to multi-task within challenging timelines
- Accept and steer ambiguity into actionable results
- Utilize technical expertise to influence various aspects of the business
To be considered for this opportunity you should hold a Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field and have a minimum of 7+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.