Director of Digital Health Solution Engineering is a senior role who leads and drives the Software Engineering practice under Digital Technology and the Engineering function. They will be accountable for providing leadership, setting and driving strategy across technical and functional domains that include our business team (Research, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial). The role consists of building a portfolio of digital health solutions, leading the architecture and building of inquisitive products to build compelling and creative applications that will help drive automation and digitalization at Regeneron. At Regeneron accelerating our understanding of Science is more than a mission for us. In partnership with Research, Clinical & Manufacturing we build and enable tools and software digital products to help accelerate scientific discoveries and improved patient care. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions for innovative and emerging digital solutions, pursue new insights, and perform at their best in inclusive and dynamic environment.
A typical day may include:
- Shaping the future of Regeneron’s application development framework applying product thinking approach to create frameworks and products – automate application development, to enable teams to develop better solutions faster, and deliver innovation to their end users.
- Identifying and define product strategies and execution path to achieve and measure success
- Opting to use pilots and prototypes to validate certain ideas, design assumptions and other aspects of a digital health product
- Launching new products and services, implement new standards of service, create new roles, shuffle responsibilities, eliminate archaic and manual tasks, and bust silos.
- Providing technical expertise, support requirement collection and explore new technology trends to create blueprints and recommendations partnering with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others in delivering new digital solutions/services for patients and customers
- Responsible for building a business case for technology investments, prioritization of capabilities, architect and solution design, delivery of those capabilities to business in time on budget
- Acting as a liaison between multiple functions such as Data, Cloud and Software Engineering, Product Management within business units, Commercial, Medical, Research and Clinical.
- Collaborating on new business proposals and presentations that are a representation of the business's Digital solutions and services offerings.
- Translating strategic input into product design Input based on comprehensive understanding of user needs, Internal stakeholder and architectural perspectives
- Developing compliant architectural blueprints and create technology artifacts to enable design and implementation for build
- Providing technical leadership to the development team, guiding the architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of impactful, scalable and secure applications.
- Driving the technical vision and strategy for experience and application development, web & mobile & chatbot and virtual reality, making key decisions on technology stack, tools, and processes.
- Operating with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates
- Developing and cultivating strong multi-functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability
This role might be for you if:
- Proven track-record of prior experience with digital health products, a wealth of both process and technical knowledge about security, storage, data management, network service delivery within mobile and cloud development and applications of AI, automation and cloud engineering
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions mobile, web, social, automation, immersive, collaborative tools from development to market - experience In the Healthcare segment with patient wearables is preferred
- Knowledge of architecture practices and methodologies with at least one of the major cloud providers. Holding a cloud solution architect certificate (e.g. AWS Solution Architect Associate) is a plus
- Experience in agile development required. Prior product development and management experience is desirable.
- Experience building software products and designing product strategies would be preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate sophisticated interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards bringing clarity
To be considered for this role a Bachelors Degree or Master’s degree is required. Minimum years of experience : 8+ years of experience in architecture and software engineering role. They must also have hands-on experience with one or more of the following programming languages: React.js, JAVA, Flutter, Kotlin is crucial. It is critical to have experience with Cloud native products. Previous experience as a professional developer preferred. Exposure to multiple, diverse Cloud technologies, platforms and processing environments required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)