Regeneron's VelociGene is looking for a highly driven Supervisor to lead a team of Animal Research Associates to carry out the daily operations within the transgenic colony. Coordinate with managers and other supervisors to fulfill cohort requirements. Ensure data is entered accurately and timely in the database.
A Typical Day In This Role Looks Like:
- Performs and leads a team for all basic tasks necessary for the processing of genetically altered mice, such as animal identification by marking, breeding, weaning, and collection of tissue samples for DNA or RNA analysis.
- Observes mice for obvious phenotype and performs a natural history analysis when requested.
- Records and mines essential data in the VelociGene Data Management System(VGDMS). Masters the utilization and navigation of the VGDMS and ensures accurate data entry of supervisors.
- Possesses sound colony management skills, while responsible for some colony management and cohort production.
- Coordinate with peers, within group and external groups, to carry out the process of cohort generation and delivery.
- Responsible for leading a small team with daily responsibilities and data entry.
- Performs additional responsibilities related to the packing and shipping of mice, as well as some basic vivarium tasks such as ordering supplies, and general maintenance when needed.
This Role May Be For You If:
- You have previous work with the handling of laboratory rodents and specifically mice is preferred.
- The execution of above tasks will be guided by the Velocigene Data Management System and by instruction from the Colony Manager.
- Experience and competency with Microsoft Office. Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team and to lead a small group of individuals.
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of an AA degree with some biology course work. A minimum of 3 years experience with genetically modified mice and/or a minimum of five years with other laboratory animals.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)