Regeneron has a rapidly expanding and diverse portfolio of investigational products, spanning across oncology, immunology, general medicine and rare diseases. To support the optimal clinical development and ensure the successful launch of these assets, we are recruiting a Senior Director, Global Market Access Pipeline Strategy, who will lead the market access planning for several assets in the pipeline.
This role requires a skilled strategist with excellent leadership capabilities to shape the direction of multiple pipeline assets. You will represent the payer voice for the assets you cover and will be accountable to define (and prepare for) successful reimbursement and patient access.
This role is part of the Market Access Pipeline Strategy Team, which is part of the Market Access Business Unit. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who will work cohesively within the cross-functional team that includes New Product (marketing), HEOR, Medical Affairs, Clinical and Regulatory. For programs that are nearing launch you will serve as the nexus between these stakeholders and other functions within the Inline Market Access Business Unit (Trade, Patient Support, Pricing) to ensure our launch plans reflect their expertise – ultimately leading to a smooth transition for launch.
Considering the growing Regeneron pipeline, company expansion and collaboration announcements, this role requires you to be comfortable operating autonomously within a growing and evolving company. You will be expected to proactively identify and resolve the opportunities and challenges to achieve the desired business objectives. This includes a commitment to working well together, which is a core value at Regeneron.
A Typical Day Might Look Like This:
The Senior Director, Market Access Pipeline Strategy is accountable for developing and executing market access strategies and tactics for select pipeline assets. Each member of the Market Access Pipeline Strategy Team is assigned multiple assets that range from prior to phase one to initial regulatory approval. Therefore, specific accountabilities will vary by asset; you will be expected to:
- Incorporate timely payer insight and perspectives into commercial planning and clinical development for assets
- Analyze trends and/or changes in the global market access environment, including competitors, to determine the strategic implications for the pipeline assets
- Create and lead strategic market access and pricing plans for pipeline assets, with focus on US, EU and Japan
- Ensure development plans will deliver a compelling payer value proposition(s) to achieve the target reimbursement
- Advise cross-functional team on options for early engagement with HTA authorities with clear recommendations on the insight / knowledge gaps to address, then execute on recommendations
- Identify clinical and economic evidence needs to achieve target reimbursement; ensure that there is a plan in place to address evidence gaps
- Lead the development of market access tools for near-launch assets including global value proposition, objection handlers, launch readiness plans
- Plan for early and expanded access programs in partnership with the development team and patient advocacy
- Provide input as needed on internal needs (e.g., forecasting and business development initiatives)
Required Experience and Skills:
- 12+ years of relevant professional experience (e.g. pharmaceutical/biotech, consulting, healthcare reimbursement)
- Ideal candidate will have both significant US and global market access experience
- Ideal candidate will have significant experience with specialty products; experience in oncology and rare disease strongly preferred
- Experience leading the market access strategy in previous role; product launch experience in a market access role required
- Strong knowledge of the stakeholders and reimbursement dynamics in key payer systems (e.g., US, FRA, GER, UK)
- Record of accomplishment of building productive working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Previous experience working in and leading a matrix team
- Demonstrated initiative, critical thinking skills, and an ability to work effectively in complex environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in life science, economics, health economics or related discipline required, advanced degree strongly preferred
- Occasional business travel (<10%)
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)