Our Automation Engineers keep our cutting-edge process controls and process monitoring systems running at peak efficiency. We provide unsurpassed expertise in designing, developing, implementing, and optimizing Regeneron’s sophisticated biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
As an Automation Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Designing, developing, and implementing software/hardware improvements to existing automated equipment and new equipment according to change control procedures
- Using PLCs and HMIs to provide technical support and solutions to Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Facilities according to established SOPs and departmental practices
- Performing troubleshooting and investigations relating to manufacturing deviations and anomalies associated with automation systems and control system software
- Developing and editing engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment while following GAMP 5 guidelines
- Supporting small manufacturing, engineering, and validation projects
- Providing support to process control and process monitoring equipment software design, commissioning, testing, and corrective action
- Authoring or updating system specifications, user and functional requirements specifications, generating and executing vital Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and (Site Acceptance Testing) SAT protocols
This job might be for you if you:
- Want to support our extraordinary team to produce the highest quality medicines for patients as efficiently as possible to change people’s lives.
- Want to challenge the status-quo and champion an environment where continuous improvement is not just metrics - it's a mentality for everyone, every day, to do better.
- Enjoy project-oriented work with a career goal of becoming a domain specialist.
- Have a knack for compiling documentation and enjoy it!
- Don’t get frustrated with a meticulous process of change control, investigations and corrective actions.
To be considered for our Automation Engineer position, we prefer a BS in Engineering or a related field and the following minimum years of experience for each level:
- Automation Engineer: BS with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Senior Automation Engineer: BS with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Principal Automation Engineer: BS with 8+ years of relevant experience
Equivalent experience with process control systems and/or data acquisition systems may be considered in lieu of degree. Level will be determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
We look for experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems. We may consider candidates with limited experience programming and troubleshooting PLCs. Some experience in a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred. We use Allen-Bradley and Siemens control system products and video graphic chart recorders; specific knowledge with these products is ideal.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)