Regeneron is seeking a Sr. Scientist in the New Technology Team within the Formulation Development Group (FDG). Our New Technology group in FDG supports evaluation of novel technologies & modalities that impact key therapeutic areas such as ophthalmology, infectious diseases, oncology, and immunology.
The Scientist position will lead, support & complete R&D evaluations of innovative drug delivery technologies to address business needs and challenges in the key therapeutic areas. This Scientist will plan & lead development activities to support evaluation of medical/pharmaceutical delivery technologies and systems in various stages of development as well as formulation and characterization studies in support of new technology development.
A Typical Day in This Role looks Like:
- We support and complete development & evaluation of drug delivery-based technologies that are applicable to different modalities (Ex: mAbs, fusion proteins, new modalities such as RNA therapeutics) and therapeutic focus areas (e.g., ophthalmology, immunology).
- As a member of the New Technology Group, Sr. Scientist will lead and provide support on various characterization & evaluation studies (including formulation, process, analytical) across multiple new technology development initiatives.
- We evaluate novel formulation and drug delivery tools pertaining to high concentration biologics, sustained delivery/depot systems; alternate routes such as oral/ Inhalation/ topical/intratumoral delivery of different modalities (mAbs, RNA therapeutics etc.). Coordinates design & execution of experiments towards successful evaluation of systems.
- Will work closely and ensure collaboration with teams including Ophthalmology, Industrial Operations Groups, Pre-clinical and Clinical, Regeneron Genetic Medicines, Business Development and Program Management groups to support and explore innovative formulation and drug delivery technologies
- Oversee layout, review and execution of project plans supported by strong scientific rationales and approaches & communicate across cross functional teams.
- Will take accountability of project execution, deliverables (Ex: study protocols, reports) and timelines. Compile data, interpret and summarize findings in presentations/reports.
- Will participate in conferences and forums as Regeneron’s New Technology representative to gain information about novel delivery technologies.
- Will demonstrate scientific excellence through reports, publications, and patents. Will be proactive in generating IP and related documentation and collaborate with Regeneron’s legal teams.
This Role May Be For You If You Have:
- Experience in formulation and characterization for diverse therapeutic modalities is preferred (Ex: mAbs, fusion proteins, RNA therapeutics)
- Experience in evaluation of drug delivery technologies is preferred (e.g. depot systems, sustained delivery, inhalation delivery etc.)
- Solid understanding of formulation, analytical characterization and drug delivery fundamentals is desired.
- Strong scientific and organization skills with ability to lead projects independently as well as work efficiently within a team
- Proven track record to think creatively and acquire solutions to complex and diverse problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
In order to be considered qualified for this role, you must have a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0-2 years in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. Or a MS/BS degree in a related field with 8+ years relevant industry experience. Industry experience in drug delivery is a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)