We are seeking a highly- motivated Associate Scientist to join the Protein Biochemistry group. The qualified individual will be responsible for performing a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays to characterize protein biologics to support late-stage development and commercialization efforts. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, efficient, flexible, and able to perform key responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment.
A typical day in this role looks like:
- Conduct biochemical and biophysical characterization experiments on therapeutic protein candidates for late-stage development and regulatory submissions.
- Provide input on experimental design and suggest modifications in protocols or experimental methods to meet the needs of a particular program or molecule.
- Will take on additional responsibilities in advanced method development to support efforts to characterize size/charge variants, protein-ligand complexes, and high concentration protein solutions of therapeutic protein drug candidates.
- Document experiments, results and findings in laboratory notebook; presents work at group and department meetings; contributes to drafting of protocols, method development reports, regulatory submission sections, and peer-reviewed articles for publication.
- Maintain instruments and reagents, troubleshoot instrumental and experimental problems
This role may be for you if:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must have strong initiative and motivation to complete challenging tasks and learn new technologies
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a team environment.
- You have experience working in the biopharmaceutical industry or a CRO setting
In order to be considered qualified for this role, you must have a BS/MS in Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry or related field plus 2+ years of relevant experience.
- A strong fundamental understanding of protein structure/function, biophysical chemistry, and general biochemistry is desirable. A technical proficiency in automated FPLC and/or HPLC (SEC, IEX, affinity) is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with light scattering and/or capillary electrophoresis techniques is desirable.
- Experience with VLPs, AAVs, LNPs is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)