Regeneron is looking for a Director of Synthetic Chemistry at the IOPS (Industrial Operations Product Supply) location in Rensselaer, NY. This person will lead multidisciplinary teams comprised of synthetic chemists, analytical chemists, chemical engineers, and external partners.
As a Director a typical day might include:
- Lead synthetic chemistry new modalities initiatives for Process Sciences and oversee associated internal and external programs.
- Provide oversight of synthetic route design, optimization, and scale-up.
- Coordinate scientific studies to optimize synthetic processes for human health products.
- Demonstrates synthetic processes in preparation for commercial manufacture and regulatory filings.
- Ensure manufacturing process monitoring activities related to process data and trending process data in support of IPCs and/or process specifications are current and readily available to stakeholders.
- Support technical transfer activities as needed, which may require some travel to Tarrytown.
- Work cross-functionally to drive resolution of potential manufacturing challenges with the transfer of the process from site to site.
- Recommend, establish and maintain external contacts for process development and contract manufacturing.
This job may be for you if you:
- Have a network and enjoy interacting with the academic community.
- Are a strategic thinker around key scientific and operational issues, organizational processes and procedures.
- Have strong leadership skills including cross-functional team integration and advising
- Enjoy coaching and guiding team members, with the ability to delegate based on team strengths.
- Can ensure teams and partners are aligned on project plans, track progress, and coordinate contingency and risk mitigation activities
To be considered for this opportunity at the Director level you must have a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, life sciences, or pharmaceutical sciences with 12+ years’ experience in Biopharmaceutical Operations or Process Sciences in the areas of cell therapy and/or gene therapy. Experience developing ADCs (Antibody-drug conjugates) is required. Advanced degree strongly preferred. Previous management experience is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)