This position will be primarily responsible for supporting the delivery of consolidated financial results to various stakeholders, while ensuring accuracy of intercompany accounts and developing/maintaining a robust and scalable consolidations process. This is an area of growth for the Regeneron accounting department as we look to further build out and improve our related processes as part of the Company’s overall global expansion. This position will interact and collaborate with members of various departments, including senior management, from Corporate accounting, international accounting, external financial reporting, Finance, Tax, and Treasury.
We seek an individual who has the desire and ability to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment. The individual should have experience working at a multinational corporation with numerous subsidiaries.
A typical day may include:
- Improving and/or developing consolidation processes/reports to support the Company as it continues to expand into various international markets
- Supporting and contributing to projects and workstreams associated with reporting and analyzing results for entities which are not on the same ERP as Corporate (e.g., subsidiaries where the bookkeeping is outsourced to a third party or entities acquired).
- Thinking strategically as to how to most optimally communicate financial results to internal partners
- Developing and implementing standardized packages and process for the Company and its international subsidiaries to report financial results to support internal management accounting and external financial reporting (financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A disclosures)
- Consolidating, reviewing, analyzing, and reporting disaggregated and consolidated results to Controllership, other finance functions, and members of senior management. Develop internal analyses and reports that are scalable for future growth.
- Ensuring accurate accounting/reporting for foreign currency transactions/translation and accounts that arise from the consolidation process (e.g., Cumulative Translation Adjustment, acquisition accounting, etc.).
- Overseeing intercompany accounting and related processes, including process improvements
- Partnering with colleagues in Corporate accounting, international accounting, external financial reporting, and other stakeholder groups to develop and continuously enhance reporting.
- Collaborating and effectively communicate with various departments across the organization, including Finance, Tax, Treasury, etc.
- Understanding legal entity structure and system set-ups to leverage technology for automated/scalable solutions
- Coordinating with external auditors
- Leading operational improvement initiatives and other ad hoc projects
- Reviewing work, mentor, and develop team members
This job may be for you if you:
- Possess knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Have strong problem solving skills - think independently and proactively propose solutions
- Are a self-starter with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to effectively lead a team
- Are able to prioritize and handle tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong analytical skills and experience with general ledger, consolidation, and reporting software systems/tools. Experience with Oracle applications is a plus.
- Are proficient with Microsoft applications, including Excel
To be considered for this role you must have either Bachelors or Masters in Accounting. CPA is required along with 17+ years – mix of public accounting and corporate accounting experience. Candidate should have prior experience working at a company with foreign operations, preferably at a public company (i.e., SEC registrant). Knowledge of Oracle (and related consolidations' solution, Oracle FCCS) is ideal.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)