We are looking for someone to develop strategies, policies, plans, standards, and objectives to lead environmental compliance and sustainability efforts in alignment with company goals. Lead all aspects of operational activities associated with air, waste, and water regulatory programs and sustainability initiatives. Directly contacts regulators, senior management, and external peers to ensure that organizational programs are innovative, practical, and successful.
A typical day might include:
- Responsible for compliance with federal, state, and local environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
- Develops/evolves and implements strategic goals and objectives, including programs, policies, and procedures
- Provides technical expertise, guidance, and leadership to implement applicable programs, such as remediation, wastewater, regulated waste, SPCC, air emissions, environmental sustainability strategies, etc.
- Manages an organization of multiple managers and senior-level professionals responsible for performing environmental and sustainability tasks.
- Works on abstract problems across functional areas of the business ensuring that environmental compliance is met
- Responsible for the successful operation of activities of major significance to the organization
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people
- Serves as consultant to management and may act as external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives
- Audits program effectiveness to identify gaps, or continuous improvement opportunities, including training
- Reviews industrial accident investigation reports and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- May provide construction project support as a subject matter expert during each phase of the project - design, construction, and post-construction
- Responsible for contract/SOW preparation of external consultants or consults as subject matter expert on contracts impacting our environmental and sustainability programs
This role might be for you if you have:
Minimum requirements 12 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of relevant experience with a master’s degree (preferred). At least 4 years of supervisory experience required. Experience in pharmaceutical/biologics preferred, will also consider manufacturing or academia.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)