Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING PROGRAM SUMMARY
This postdoctoral fellow position is for early career scientist trainees to receive a rigorous scientific training at Regeneron under the auspices of a scientist mentor during a 3-year training period. Fellows will be expected to conduct creative exploratory research that results in publishable data within their fellowship period.
The program will consist of:
· Three years of formal postdoctoral training in a program directed by an award-winning educator
· Exposure to the biotechnology industry's most successful and innovative scientists
· Opportunities to pursue cutting-edge, creative biomedical research in a prestigious, well-resourced, and highly-driven industry environment
· Weekly postdoctoral scientist meetings to foster scientific rigor, creative thinking, critical reasoning, and career advancement
· Encouragement of scholarly productivity such as publications and conference presentations
As part of your Postdoctoral Training Program you will:
· Conduct forward-looking, innovative, and creative research to address a novel scientific question of your choice under the auspices of a scientist mentor
· Publish and disseminate data via external conferences and peer-reviewed publications
· Assist with mentoring and teaching interns and other more junior trainees
· Participate in postdoctoral program activities such as weekly meetings and the annual research conference
· Present data internally, including at lab meetings, trainee meetings, and company-wide seminars
· Provide ongoing reports of research progress to supervisors and program staff
· Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline
· Scientists looking for their first or second postdoctoral training
· Superior scientific skills including critical and analytical thinking
· Demonstrated publication success as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Ability to interact dynamically and constructively with scientific peers
· Note: Occasional travel
· Applications Accepted: October 15, 2013 - December 15, 2013
· Applications received after December 15, 2013 may not be considered
· Following the close date, please allow 3-4 months for review and interviews
· Targeted start date: June 30, 2014
If you have an issue submitting or any questions, please email: Postdoctoral@Regeneron.com
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies: Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer.