Process Development Engineer I
Tarrytown, NY, US
Requisition Number: 8750BR
Employment Type: Regular Employee
Job Id : 8750BR
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
The Cell Culture and Media Development group within Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development is looking for a motivated person to develop production processes of monoclonal antibodies in a non-GMP process development laboratory. Job responsibilities will include cell line selection experiments, and process optimization and robustness in support of commercial manufacturing productions.
Key aspects of the work include:
- Execution and development of cell culture studies using aseptic technique in shaker flasks and glass bench scale bioreactors
- Generate, manage, analyze, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner
- Authoring/reviewing development reports, process transmittals, and manufacturing records
- Coordination and interfacing with colleagues from other groups involved in the research process, including cell line development, bioreactor scale-up, purification, and manufacturing.
- Active involvement in technology transfer via written process transmittals, and by providing troubleshooting, process understanding, and on-site support to manufacturing production campaigns in Albany, NY
- The position requires work on weekends and occasional travel
Daily tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Cell cultivation in shaker flasks and bioreactors
- Benchtop bioreactor operation and maintenance
- Medium and reagent preparation
- Laboratory organization and cleaning
- BS with or MS in Chemical Engineering or Bio-related Engineering with 1-2 years (BS) or 0-2 years (MS) experience in a laboratory setting
- Work experience in industry strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and record keeping abilities to accurately record, analyze, and document development data generated
- Candidates with internships in related fields are strongly encouraged to apply. Please clearly state GPA on your resume.
Additional Skills (preferred, but not required):
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with developing fed-batch bioreactor processes including optimizing feeding strategies and evaluating different cell culture media and feed formulations
- Experience with statistical design and analysis software (i.e. JMP)
- Familiarity with computer programming languages (i.e. VBA/VB .Net, HTML, C++), relational database interface/design and SQL, networking interactions, and software installation/troubleshooting
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 8750BR
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts